How do you handle my privacy?
Let’s start with some basics that answer most of the questions we get asked.
- All information is stored in a database that is hosted by Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Non-personal information (e.g. how many students are in a class, how many logbook entries were submitted, etc.) is available in aggregate to the Mindfulness Institute for Emerging Adults (MIEA). This helps us understand how students are using the system so we can make improvements. This data is always retrieved and presented anonymously.
- All info continues to be available to the student through their registered account via the mobile app. Information can be permanently removed from the system by emailing email@example.com.
- Your name, email, logbook entries, comments, and stats submitted during the time of your class are available to your teacher through the Teacher Dashboard. A teacher can access this data as long as they are a MIEA Teacher. However, please note you are only connected to your teacher during the span of your class. Your teacher will not continue to receive your log entries.
- Passwords are salted and hashed.
- If you have opted in, your gratitudes will be shared anonymously on the Gratitude River with your class cohort on the mobile app. Once the class is over, these will be shared with the global community.
- The app continues to connect you with your class cohort on the Class Progress screen. This data is always anonymous.
- We use stripe to handle all of our payments. Learn more about Stripe’s security practices.