Fundamentals: Introductory mindfulness training
Explore MIEA’s Evidence-Based Mindfulness Program
ONLINE | 5 LIVE SESSIONS | 2-3 HOURS PER WEEK | $295
Immerse yourself in a 5-week mindfulness training led by a highly trained Mindfulness Institute Trainer. Experience our Koru Basic curriculum firsthand and gain insight into our philosophy of teaching mindfulness to college-aged adults.
This introductory mindfulness training is a prerequisite for our Mindfulness Teacher Certification program.
Programs such as MBSR, MBCT, MSC, training by the Center for Mind-Body Medicine, or other similarly structured programs, as well as formal mindfulness training through working with a teacher or attending multiple retreats are acceptable alternatives to Fundamentals.
Jan 9 – Feb 6
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm (EST)
Feb 4 – Mar 3
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm (EST)
Mar 10 – Apr 7
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm (EDT)
Mar 13 – Apr 10
7:30 pm - 9:00 pm (EDT)
Apr 11 – May 9
4:30 pm - 6:00 pm (EDT)
Insightful, gracefully challenging, informative, and fun.
I’d recommend Fundamentals to anyone who is interested in exploring MIEA more deeply and doesn’t know where to start.
Open to Everyone.
Fundamentals welcomes individuals interested in exploring MIEA and those considering becoming certified Mindfulness Teachers.
Deepen your mindfulness practice.
Experience the Koru Basic curriculum and receive personal guidance from our expert trainers.
The MIEA approach.
Discover the origins, research, and evidence behind the development of our curriculum.
Get acquainted with our cutting-edge technology, designed to enhance your learning experience.
During Fundamentals, you will:
- Participate in 5, 90-minute classes led by one of our fabulous and experienced MIEA trainers.
- Connect and build community with your small group of fellow students and teacher.
- Read and discuss The Mindful Twenty-Something by Holly Rogers, one of the Institute’s founders.
- Receive support from your MIEA trainer for your daily mindful meditation practice.
- Use our mobile app to submit a daily log of gratitudes and reflections on your meditation practice.
- Via the app, receive personal guidance and inspiration from your trainer each week.
- Understand the philosophy of the Mindfulness Institute for Emerging Adults and how it applies uniquely to college-aged adults.
This 5-week, online mindfulness training costs $295. This fee includes:
- Five, 90 minute live sessions with MIEA Trainers
- Personal mentoring throughout the mindfulness training
- Access to our Mindfulness app
The Mindfulness Institute for Emerging Adults has a limited number of scholarships available. We are committed to making our programming accessible and affordable for individuals who may not have the financial means to support the total cost. Please fill out our scholarship application before registering if you are interested.
MIEA Fundamentals demystifies the meditation practice. By offering concrete practices and the opportunity to share experiences of the process, I feel like I finally have a lasting meditation practice.
– Leann Maxwell, Panther City Partners
Our Dedicated Trainers
Our exceptional team of highly trained faculty and trainers bring a wealth of expertise and a deep passion for teaching mindfulness to college-aged adults.
Get started with Fundamentals
Deepen your meditation practice, learn more about our approach, and take your first step in our teacher certification program with this 5-week, online introductory mindfulness training.
Are there any prerequisites?
Nope! All that is required is an interest in mindfulness and a commitment to attending all classes and developing a daily meditation practice during the mindfulness training.
How much experience with mindfulness is necessary?
No experience is necessary. However, we do adapt our mentoring to each individual’s level of experience. We’ve had folks with no experience as well as those with extensive training and many years practice of mindfulness.
How is Fundamentals different from taking a Koru Basic class?
- Fundamentals is taught by our MIEA Trainers, who have deep experience with our curriculum and have gone through a rigorous training program.
- Fundamentals has a more intense practice requirement and longer meditation sessions are expected from participants.
- Participants will learn about our curriculum and the research behind it; and gain insights into MIEA’s teaching philosophy.
What’s the difference between Koru Basic, Fundamentals, and becoming Certified?
Koru Basic is designed for emerging adults to learn the basics of mindfulness and meditation. It consists of a 4-week course, with a requirement of 10 minutes a day of mindfulness practice. It is taught by Certified MIEA Teachers or those becoming Certified.
Fundamentals is for those who want to learn more about MIEA and are considering applying to our Teacher Certification Program. It is taught by one of our MIEA Trainers, and it meets a prerequisite for our Teacher Certification program. It is also helpful for anyone who wants to learn more about mindfulness, develop their practice, and learn our curriculum. There are no prerequisites for taking Fundamentals. Please note that completing Fundamentals does not allow you to advertise as a MIEA teacher or guarantee acceptance into our teacher certification program.
Teacher Certification Training is a 1-year process designed to teach everything needed to effectively teach mindfulness to emerging adults using our curriculum. Once training is complete, teachers are required to pay an annual fee to teach, use the trademarked Logo, and access our technology.
Is Fundamentals a prerequisite for becoming a certified MIEA teacher?
Yes, it meets a prerequisite for becoming a certified MIEA teacher.
- Programs such as MBSR, MBCT, MSC, training by the Center for Mind-Body Medicine, or other similarly structured programs, as well as formal mindfulness training through working with a teacher or attending multiple retreats are acceptable alternatives to Fundamentals.
Fundamentals is taught by highly trained Mindfulness Institute Trainers and has a more intense practice requirement than our 4-week Koru Basic class. The Koru Basic class on its own is not considered sufficient exposure to mindfulness theory and practice to meet the training prerequisite for our certification program.